Alton Browns Coconut Shrimp with Outback Dipping SauceFrom crabhappychick 5 years ago
- 24 large shrimp, peeled, deveined and butterflied shopping list
- 1/2 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups shredded coconut meat shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade shopping list
- 2 t. stone-ground mustard (whole seed type) shopping list
- 1 t. prepared horseradish shopping list
- dash salt. shopping list
How to make it
- Pat the shrimp dry. In small bowl, combine cornstarch, salt, pepper, and cayenne. In a 2nd bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy. In another bowl, place the coconut. Coat shrimp with cornstarch and shake off excess. Dip into egg white and then press into coconut to get full coverage.
- Heat canola oil in a large pan to 350 F. Gently submerge shrimp, 6 at a time. Fry until golden on each side. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- For sauce, mix marmalade, mustard, horseradish & salt.
- Dip shrimp and enjoy!
- NOTE: This recipe is gluten-free!
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating8 people
excellent! got my five jumbo shrimp in...divaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
Saved! Sounds like this would be wonderful. I was at a huge food show for restaurants recently and this was one of the many dishes presented. I had to taste it and of course it was wonderful. I bought shrimp tonight so I think I'm ready!grandmommy in Nashville loved it
Mouth-watering read! I have shrimp, I'm eady to try.shawdowsmom in Fennville loved it