Irish Soda BreadFrom zena824 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease well a large cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients; mix well.
- Add buttermilk; with fork stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn out dough onto lightly floured board; knead lightly until smooth..about 1 minute.
- Shape dough into ball; place on cookie sheet; with hands flatten into a 7 inch circle.
- With knife, cutting 1/4 inch deep mark into quarters.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes
- Remove loaf to wire rack; brush top with butter..
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating7 people
I loved this bread, and so did my family. I used mostly spelt flour and about 1 cup of unbleached white flour and didn't have any buttermilk so used almond milk, it literally only took me about 5 minutes to throw this bread together, and to think abo...moreinvisiblechef in loved it
I agree with Catseyes...but yours looks yummy too. Top 'o the mornin' to ya!dottiet in Woodward loved it