Mustard Short RibsFrom thegoldminer 8 years ago
How to make it
- Slice onions.
- Brown ribs in fry pan with oil.
- Place heavy duty foil on counter.
- Place a layer on onions on foil.
- Pour water on onions. You should have the edges of the foil turned up to keep water from flowing off.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and garlic on all sides of ribs.
- Squirt mustard on ribs and rub mustard all over the rib. See pics. Use lots of mustard, it loses strength in the baking.
- Place ribs on onions.
- Once all ribs are coated, cover with remaining onions.
- Fold foil and seal all seams.
- Place sealed foil pouch in a broiler pan so any juices don’t spill in oven.
- Place in preheated 350 F oven.
- Cook for two hours.
- Remove and let rest. Be careful opening foil.
- Six onions cook down to almost nothing and getting onions with each bite of meat is the best.
- I usually sprinkle a little salt and pepper on the ribs and onions once on the plate. The bones should almost be falling off and I like cutting the rib up into bites then the salt and pepper to taste.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating5 people
WOW WITH GRILLED ONIONS YUMMMMMMMMminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
These are one of my favorites! Thanks for the reminder!!!raelene1951 in Brighton loved it
very nice john-john
looks good for the fourthmystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it