Sour Cream Chocolate CakeFrom angelgirl94 6 years ago
- 4 1oz squares unsweetened chocolate-melted and cooled. shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 3/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups cake flour shopping list
- 2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- sour cream Chocolate Frosting: shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter-softened shopping list
- 6 1oz squares unsweetened chocolate-melted and cooled shopping list
- 6 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 6-8 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoons salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl,combine chocolate,water,sour cream,shortening,vanilla,and eggs. Mix well.
- Combine flour,sugar,baking soda,salt,and baking powder. Gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- Beat on low speed until just combined. Beat on high for 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into two greased and floured 9" round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes then turn out onto wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl,combine frosting ingredients and beat until smooth and spreadable.
- If too thick,add more milk. If too thin,add more sugar.
- Frost cake as usual.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookangelgirl94 Reidsville, NC
The Rating7 people
Mmmmm ~ yummy in the tummy!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Wow I'm with Jett, yummy in the tummy. Great post, thank you so much for sharing this one. You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
awesomely decadent...............:}mumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it