Beer-battered FishFrom watson2167 5 years ago
- vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 pound fish fillet or 1 pound uncooked peeled deveined large shrimp, thawed if frozen shopping list
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Original Bisquick mix shopping list
- 1 cup Original Bisquick mix shopping list
- 1/2 cup beer (any beer) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil (1 1/2 inches) in heavy saucepan or deep fryer to 350ºF. Lightly coat fish with 3 to 4 tablespoons Bisquick mix.
- Mix remaining ingredients with hand beater until smooth. (If batter is too thick, stir in additional beer, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency.) Dip fish into batter, letting excess drip into bowl.
- Fry fish about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown; drain. Serve hot and, if desired, with tartar sauce and sliced of lemon.