Butterscotch Pumpkin CakeFrom kristen 9 years ago
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1-3/4 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1-2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) butterscotch morsels, divided shopping list
- 1 Tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup Libby's 100% Pure pumpkin shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk (optional) shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- ½ cup applesauce shopping list
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Microwave 1 cup morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on medium-high (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in medium bowl. Stir together melted morsels, pumpkin, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract in large bowl with wire whisk. Stir in flour mixture. Spoon batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350F for 40 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with Butterscotch Sauce.
- For Butterscotch Sauce:
- Heat 1/3 cup evaporated milk in medium, heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat just to a boil; remove from heat. Add remaining morsels; stir until smooth. Return to heat. Stirring constantly, bring mixture just to a boil. Cool to room temperature. Stir before serving.