BEEF NEGAMAKIFrom irishiz 5 years ago
How to make it
- Microwave scallions in a loosely covered pie plate on high 1 minute to soften.
- Place each steak between sheets of plastic wrap. Gently pound until about 8 x 6 in. and 1/8 in. thick. Lay 3 scallions down length of each piece; tightly roll up from a long side. Secure with wooden toothpicks. Put in a large ziptop bag.
- Stir sauce, sugar and water in a microwave-safe bowl until sugar dissolves. Add 1/3 cup of mixture to bag; refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Heat outdoor grill or stove-top grill pan. Grill negamaki 5 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Discard marinade.
- Remove picks; trim ends of negamaki, then cut alternately straight across and diagonally in 2-in. lengths.
- Microwave sauce in bowl to heat; serve with negamaki.
- Different Takes
- Substitute thin asparagus spears for the scallions.
- Stir some wasabi into the stir-fry sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle negamaki with toasted sesame seeds before serving.