Cherry Macaroon BarsFrom henrie 6 years ago
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1 (10 ounce) package (3 3/4 cup) sweetened coconut flakes shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 1 egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 13 red or green maraschino cherries, halved and drained shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 9-inch square baking
- Stir together crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and melted butter. Press onto
- bottom of prepared pan. Bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven; leave oven
- Stir together coconut, remaining 3/4 cup sugar, flour and salt. Add
- egg whites, egg and almond extract. Spread mixture over crumb
- mixture; press in cherry halves. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until
- lightly browned around edges. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cover; cut into bars.
- Makes 25 bars.