Old Fashioned Banana BreadFrom diani 8 years ago
- 1 stick butter, softened shopping list
- 3/4 c. sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 c. whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 c. unbleached, all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 large, overripe bananas, mashed shopping list
- 1/2 c. walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease a 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl sift the flours, salt, and baking soda together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing well.
- Gently fold in the vanilla, bananas, and walnuts.
- Pour in loaf pan, even out with the back of a spoon, and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.