Blue Cheese And Pear Grilled SandwichFrom krumkake 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, cut into thin slices (you may need less, depending on the size of your bread - just slice enough blue cheese to cover the slice of bread) shopping list
- 2 very thin slices of Velvetta cheese, or Havarti would work also shopping list
- 4 slices of sourdough bread (I used French bread - use whatever bread you prefer) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons softened butter (or however much you need to cover one side of each bread slice) shopping list
- 1 ripe pear, peeled and cored and sliced thinly shopping list
How to make it
- Butter one side of each bread slice generously with the butter.
- Lay the buttered side of 2 slices in a skillet or panini grill.
- Top the bread in the pan with the slices of blue cheese, then pear slices, then Velvetta or Havarti slices, then lettuce (if using).
- Top each sandwich with the remaining 2 slices of bread, buttered side up.
- Grill over medium-low heat until bottom of sandwich is nicely browned.
- Flip the sandwiches and continue to cook until other side is browned.
- Serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating6 people
Mmmm yum! I love sweet/salty type things. My husband even likes some apple pie with a slice of cheese melted on top!jett2whit in Union City loved it
I love Blue Cheese and pears. Just got a panini grill and I will have to try it out with this one for sure. Thanks, Laralara38 in Gulf Coast loved it
This sounds delicious! I usally use mayo to fry or grill my sandwiches but I will try butter with this one.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!