PINA COLADA EMPANADASFrom tnjazmyn 6 years ago
- FOR THE DOUGH: shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup solid shortening shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup chilled water, plus shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chilled water shopping list
- FOR THE FILLING: shopping list
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, well drained shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- FOR THE GLAZE: shopping list
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk OR egg wash shopping list
- Confectioner's sugar (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- TO MAKE DOUGH:
- Sift flour& salt into a large bowl.
- Add shortening and mix with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes (the mixture should look like a coarse meal).
- Add sour cream and stir.
- Add i/2 of water at a time, stirring until the dough forms a ball.
- Divide dough into 24 small balls (or 60 if for appetizers) and place on plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees and spray 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray; set aside.
- TO MAKE FILLING:
- Combine WELL DRAINED pineapple, sugar , coconut, and vanilla in bowl, set aside.
- TO MAKE THE EMPANADAS:
- Remove dough balls from the refrigerator.
- Using the 3 Tbsp flour as needed, roll each dough ball into a 6-inch circle with rolling pin.
- Place 2 Tbsp filling in the center of each dough round.
- Fold in half to make a half moon and pinch edges of dough
- together to seal or use fork tines on edge of dough to seal: place on baking sheet.
- Pierce empanadas with a fork and brush tops with sweetened condensed milk.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until golden.
- Cool, sprinkle with confectioner's sugar and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooktnjazmyn Manchester, TN
The Rating6 people
Great job i want to try this delicious recipe thank you hey check your email, its done yeah!!!!!!!minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I love Pina Colada ANYTHING!!! PERFECT!! ;)angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
oh my goodness! Gotta be good!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!