coconut syrup squaresFrom ahmed1 6 years ago
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 cup plain flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup semolina shopping list
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut shopping list
- Syrup: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup superfine sugar. shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup water. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat sugar and water over medium heat till sugar is dissolved, then boil for 3 minutes and let it cool.
- Preheat oven to375f, position rack in center of oven. Grease a 9 inchx1/2 inch in height pan or heatproof glass dish with ghee or melted butter.
- Beat eggs, vanilla and sugar until thick and pale in color . Add yogurt and beat until just combined. Sift together the plain flour, baking powder and semolina and fold in two batches over the eggs mixture. Add coconut and fold again. Pour in prepared pan and smooth top. Bake for 35 minutes until springy to the touch and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and pour cold syrup over the top. Let cool completely. Cut into squares. Sift icing sugar over the top.
People Who Like This Dish 14
- 3gdogs Nowhere, Us
- angieaugusta Adelaide, Australia
- liezel Bloemfontein, ZA
- hooch New Zealand, NZ
- chriesi Zuerich, CH
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- pleclare Framingham, MA
- reecespieces Grand Rapids, MI
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- Plus 4 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating11 people
These look absolutely delicious. Thanks for a great post. Hope you are well,my friend!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Chef Ahmed another fantastic dessert you are the king of desserts here...bravo my friend !!!!!!!! i love coconut!!!!thank youminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
what a nice 'take' on the Greek dessert... it will be fun to give this a try... thank you so much...pictures and the instructions are top notch as always my friend..peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!