Spaghetti Squash ItalianoFrom lincolntoot 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage shopping list
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions shopping list
- 1 clove minced garlic shopping list
- 2 15 oz. cans tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dried basil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 (3 pound) spaghetti squash shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook sausage in a large skillet until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings; set sausage aside. Saute' mushrooms, onions, and garlic in reserved pan drippings until tender. Stir in sausage, tomato sauce, and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered 15 - 20 minutes, stirring occassionally. Cool.
- Bake squash in a shallow baking dish for 1 hour or until squash yields to pressure. Let cool to touch.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, remove and discard seeds. Using for remove spaghetti squash in strands. Place half of squash in a 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish; pour half of sauce over squash. Repeat layer.
- Spread cheese evenly over top.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 to 35 minutes until bubbly.