Chicken With ArtichokesFrom knwalter 5 years ago
- 1/4 cup EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil) shopping list
- 8 chicken thighs (about 3-1/2 lbs.) shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1/2 lb. orzo shopping list
- 1 package (9 oz.) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh dill shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (a good one, that you would just drink!!) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 4 jarred hot cherry peppers, thinly sliced, plus 2 Tbs. of their liquid shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbs. EVOO over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt, place in the skillet skin side down and cook until golden-brown, about 7 minutes on each side; transfer to a plate. Reserve the skillet.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot of boiling salted water, cook the orzo until al dente, about 5 minutes. Add the artichoke hearts and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and add the remaining 2 Tbs. EVOO and 3 Tbs. dill.
- In the reserved skillet, cook the onion and garlic in the chicken drippings over medium heat until softened, about 7 minutes. Add the wine, chicken broth and hot cherry peppers and boil until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the remaining dill and hot cherry pepper liquid. Return the chicken to the skillet and simmer until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Transfer the orzo to a platter, arrange the chicken and top with the sauce.
- **recipe and photograph from "Every Day with Rachael Ray" magazine**
The Cookknwalter Paulsboro, New Jersey
The Rating2 people
This sounds so good. I can only imagine how good this is with the artichokes and hot cherry pappers. You have my 5. Great post.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Boy, this sounds so good the way you are describing it! Can't wait to try this! Added this to "there is no choke in artichoke" group for you. Come join us!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!