SOUR CREAM COFFEE CAKEFrom henrie 5 years ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened plus 2 Tbsp melted shopping list
- 2 large eggs, room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°. Generously butter 10-inch (10 cup capacity)
- bundt pan and dust with flour, knocking out excess.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder in bowl.
- Pulse walnuts, cinnamon, 1/4 cup sugar and pinch of salt in food
- processor until nuts are chopped. Add melted butter and pulse once to combine.
- Beat together remaining butter and 1 cup sugar in large bowl with
- electric mixer at high speed until pale and fluffy, 3 to 5 min. Reduce
- speed to medium and add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each
- addition, then beat in sour cream and vanilla until light and fluffy,
- about 2 to 4 min more. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture,
- scraping down side of bowl occasionally and mixing until just combined.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of nut mixture evenly in bottom of bundt pan. Spoon 1/2 of batter over nuts and smooth with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle with
- remaining nut mixture and top with remaining batter, smoothing top.
- Bake in middle of oven until cake begins to pull away from side of pan and tester comes out clean, 45 to 50 min.
- Cool cake in pan on rack 1 hour, run a knife around outer and inner
- edges. Place rack on top of pan, flip to invert cake onto rack. Cool
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating9 people
This is close to the recipe I use and it is great! The only difference is I make a glaze out of powdered sugar and milk and drizzle on top.
I'm not a baker really and most everything I bake is erm not the best, but this recipe always comes...morejencathen in loved it
We should all meet over my house. I'll put the coffee on. Sounds like some good fun!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Of course this one looks fabulous also; as do ALL of your recipes. Thanks for another great post!!m2googee in Tomball loved it