Leahs Fish And Chips With Turbot And Homemade FfsFrom divaliscious 8 years ago
- 2 good size Turbot fillets, cut into half. Rinsed. shopping list
- 2 baking potatoes rinsed and skins scrubbed. shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup seltzer (plain - non flavored shopping list
- couple of bowls shopping list
- veggie shortening (I used Crisco for its super clean flavor) shopping list
- Deep enough pan to have 2 inches of oil - I used my wok shopping list
- lemons and tarter sauce (my homemade tarter sauce posted) shopping list
- cookie sheet & cookie cooling rack placed on top on cookie sheet. shopping list
How to make it
- In one bowl, put flour, salt, pepper, baking powder, old bay seasonings and stir till well combined. Add Seltzer and stir - bubbles will form, stir batter and set aside for five minutes.
- Slice potatoes into thin slices, then slice again to make 1/3 inch sticks.
- Rinse potatoes and put into other bowl and add very cold water (even a few ice cubes) and set aside.
- Take now rinsed fish and pat dry very well with paper towels - both sides. Cut fish cut palm-sized portions and place into batter, turn over so that each portion is well coated.
- Put enough shortening into deep pan or wok as in my case, and let heat up to about 325-350 degrees.
- Take out fish with tongs from batter and slowly place into hot oil.
- Once one side is golden brown, carefully flip to fry the other side.
- Take out fish and place onto cooling racks sitting on top of cookie sheets to further drain.
- Drain water from potatoes, and carefully place into hot oil. Let brown, turning over as necessary.
- Take out French Fries and place them on cooling racks as well to allow to drain, Add a little salt over French Fries.
- I actually made mine into garlic/rosemary french fries by sprinkling a little freshly cut rosemary and garlic and tossing them with the herbs in a bowl.
- Serve up your fish and chips with fresh cut lemons and tarter sauce.
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating6 people
When's Dinner? I will bring the appetizers and wine! This looks delicious. Thanks Leah.
Markymarky90 in Dearborn loved it
Turbot was my mom's favorite, can't find at the market much, but I like this!morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it
I'm there....:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!