White Almond Sour Cream Wedding CakeFrom bitsyskitchen 6 years ago
- 2 (18 ounce) boxes white cake mix (Betty Crocker or Pillsbury) shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 2 2/3 cups water, room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla shopping list
- 2 teaspoons almond extract shopping list
- 2 cups sour cream, room temperature shopping list
- 8 large egg whites, room temperature (save yolks for a lemon curd) shopping list
How to make it
- Sift all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Stir with a whisk.
- Add the remaining ingredients and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stopping and scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Pour into greased and floured cake pan/pans, filling each pan a little over half full.
- Lightly tap cake pans on counter to bring air bubbles to top.
- Bake in preheated 325° F. oven until cake tests done. (18x12x12 in. pan 40-45 minutes)
- *Baking time varies according to the size and depth of pans being used.
- In 2" deep pans, this recipe makes:
- One 14" round and one 6" round
- or One 16" round
- or One 12" round and one 10" round
- or One 12 X 18 X 2" sheet cake
- or One 12" round and one 8" round and one 6" round
- or Two 9" squares.
- or 5 dozen cupcakes.
- Half the recipe makes:
- Two 7" rounds
- or Two 6" rounds and 6 cupcakes.
- For chocolate cake: use chocolate mixes and substitute 6 whole eggs for the egg whites.
- For liqueur flavors: substitute alcohol (such as champagne or Kahlua) for about 1 cup of the water in the recipe.
- For berry flavors: use frozen berries, thaw reserving the juice. Substitute the berry juice for part of the water in the recipe, and stir the berries in at the end.
- For lemon cake: substitute lemon juice for about 1 cup of the water in the recipe, use 6 whole eggs instead of the whites, stir in 1 Tbsp. lemon zest, and use 1 tsp of a good lemon extract in place of the almond.
- For white chocolate: melt 8oz white baking chocolate & cool slightly. use 6 whole eggs in the recipe instead of the whites, temper the chocolate by stirring in a small amount of the batter, then add the white chocolate to the entire batter and stir well. Doesn't bake up quite as high as the original, so add a pinch more batter to the pans.
People Who Like This Dish 24
The Cookbitsyskitchen Beautiful Coast, CA
The Rating9 people
wow! with a cake mix too....great recipe. Thanks for sharing!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Oh this does sound good, thank you so much for this great post. Bookmarking to make this one, you have my five forks. Thanks again and God Blesshenrie in Savannah loved it
Oh my gosh, this cake sounds amazing! I'm about to make a batch of cookies and I don't know if I can take my mind off of your recipe LOL Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us. 5 forks all the way!lor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!