Vegetarian Chili on a Portabella Mushroom CapFrom melissa 9 years ago
- 1 green pepper shopping list
- 1 small onion (around the size of a lemon) shopping list
- 1 Can diced tomatoes (with jalepeno if possible) shopping list
- 1 Can Dark kidney beans shopping list
- 1 can black beans shopping list
- 1 Small can corn shopping list
- 1 Small can tomato Paste shopping list
- 2 portabella mushroom caps (try for "bowl shaped") shopping list
- 1 Bag tortilla chips shopping list
- Basics: chili powder, olive oil, salt, pepper, and Powdered garlic shopping list
- 1 Pot, 1 Pan shopping list
How to make it
- 1) Warm a pot over medium flame. Slap in some Olive Oil! We're going to sweat one coursely chopped Green Pepper and one small Onion by placing it into the pot and cooking for about 3 minutes. Make sure to stir often. We're looking for the vegetables to get a little color to them, and get soft
- 2) Add 1 can of Diced Tomatoes (I personally like the ones already infused with Jalapeno Peppers), 1 can of Black Beans, 1 can of Dark Kidney Beans, and 1 small can of Tomato Paste into the pot. Give it at LEAST a teaspoon of chili powder, some salt, powdered garlic, and pepper. Stir to coat evenly. this is going to sit for about 18 minutes. And give it a stir every now and then, for Heaven's sake!
- 3) Prep 2 Portabella Mushroom Caps by removing the stems, brushing with a little olive oil, and giving them the Salt and Pepper treatment. Make sure you do this on BOTH SIDES.
- 4) Now warm a pan on Medium-Low flame and drizzle in some Olive Oil. Place the caps top-down on the pan. These should cook for about 3-5 minutes, depending on their thickness. We'll know we're ready to flip them when the edges start to drop and the mushrooms get soft.
- 5) Flip the mushrooms and cook them for the same time on the other side.
- 6) Remove and plate top-down. these are going to be "bowls" for our chili.
- 7) With 5 minutes left on the chili, throw in a small can of corn. You've been stirring, right?!!?
- 8)Plate and serve with Tortilla Chips. We're done, sparky!
The Cookmelissa Woodbridge, NJ
- Not added to any groups yet!