The Best Lentil Soup EverFrom rudibrarian 5 years ago
- 2 T olive oil shopping list
- 2-3 med onions, chopped (approx. 2 c.) shopping list
- 3 carrots, coarsely grated shopping list
- 4-6 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- ¾ tsp marjoram, crumbled shopping list
- ¾ tsp thyme leaves shopping list
- cumin shopping list
- ------------ shopping list
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes w/juice shopping list
- 7 ½ c. broth (3 bouillon cubes) shopping list
- 2-3 potatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1½ c lentils shopping list
- 1 bunch greens, kale is best shopping list
- 1½ tsp salt shopping list
- ¼-½ tsp pepper shopping list
- Grated cheddar cheese, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Chop the onions, carrots, and garlic -- can be done in a food processor
- Sautee everything above the line for 3-5 min. while the bouillon dissolves in water.
- Add tomatoes, lentils, potatoes and water to the sautee mixture. Simmer for app. 1 hour. Add greens app. 10 min. before end of cooking, and add salt, pepper in the last 5 minutes.
- Garnish grated cheddar cheese if desired
The Cookrudibrarian Urbana, IL
The Rating8 people
A deserving title for this wonderful recipe.
Until now I thought I had the best recipe for Lentil soup. You have my 5
Michaeltrigger in loved it
I have been looking for a great-tasting
recipe for lentil soup...I think I have
finally found it...thanks to you!
I really like the addition of the greens..!
mjcmcook...mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Hi there.. This is a great sounding recipe. A High five for sure.. I have a Lentil Soup posted also. Same idea but a little more of a Lebanese twist. What the hey?? Can't have too many Lentil soup recipes... ;-)~ Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!