TorteFrom cholena 6 years ago
- 150 g walnuts shopping list
- 150 g hazelnuts shopping list
- 1 tsp baking pwd shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 C caster sugar shopping list
- Filling and frosting : shopping list
- 2 C cream and 1 tsp vanilla essence - whipped shopping list
- 100 g mixed nuts , roasted and Chopped shopping list
- ! tbsp cocoa / coffee pwd shopping list
- hazelnut chocolates shopping list
How to make it
- Pre heat oven at 175 deg .
- Grease a 22 cm springform pan .
- Process the nuts until finely chopped .
- Beat the egg whites until peaks form .
- Beat the eggs yolks and sugar until creamy .
- Fold the yolks into nuts and add the baking pwd .
- now , fold this into whites gently using a metal knife .
- Pour in the pan and bake for 30 mins or until the top of the cake is springy .
- Cool completely and turn on a wire rack .
- Cut the cake into 2 , horizontally .
- Spead the cream on top of one layer and place the second layer on top .
- Spread the reats of the cream on top and sides .
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts on side of the cake .
- Pipe the extra cream around the edge .
- Dust the top with the pwd and decorate with the hazelnut chocolates .
The Cookcholena Food World, Sin
The Rating5 people
wow! Wonderful recipe, cholena! It looks like our 'tourte' in France, prepared with pastry shell! I will try this mouth watering recipe very soon! Many thanks for sharing!pariscipes in Paris&Lyon loved it
this looks wonderful!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Another great one Cholena!!ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!