Mexico Bread PuddingFrom pudgy47 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1 stick cinnamon shopping list
- 1 whole clove shopping list
- 2 TBS. butter shopping list
- 3 Cups bread cubes shopping list
- 1/2 pound longhorn cheese, grated shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup nuts (pecans or peanuts) shopping list
- 1/3 cup brandy or orange juice shopping list
How to make it
- 1- Boil brown sugar, water, cinnamon, and clove gently for about 15 minutes. Add butter. Meanwhile, lightly toast bread and cut into cubes.
- 2- Remove cinnamon and clove from syrup. Butter an 8 x8 baking dish and fill with bread, cheese, raisins, and nuts.
- 3- Leave in layers or toss lightly together. Pour brandy or orange juice into syrup then dribble evenly over the bread mixture.
- 4- Bake uncovered in a preheated 350 F. oven for about 30 minutes. Pudding should be softly set but not dried out.