Romanian Cabbage Soup with Bacon or Ciorba TeraneascaFrom lsolkey 6 years ago
- 8 oz sliced bacon shopping list
- 2 onions, sliced shopping list
- 2 green bell peppers, hulled and chopped shopping list
- 1 cabbage, cut into slices shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- several sprigs of dill and savory, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 qt water shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (sweet or sour) shopping list
- 1 T vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Use a large soup pot.
- Chop up and fry one slice of bacon until the fat runs.
- Fry the onions in the fat until golden.
- Add peppers and fry also.
- Remove from heat.
- Layer the cabbage and the rest of the bacon into the soup pot.
- Season the layers with salt, pepper, and the herbs.
- Pour the water over it all and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down and simmer for 40 - 50 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Remove soup from the heat.
- Beat the egg yolks with the cream and vinegar in a bowl.
- Stir in a ladleful of the hot soup.
- Whish well pour the mix into the soup to thicken and enrich.
- Serve in deep bowls accompanied with fresh bread.
- A meal in itself!
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooklsolkey Ardmore, OK
The Rating6 people
Love it! My favorite food ever, I think, is creamed cabbage.auntybea in Vernon loved it
Cabbage soup is a favourite in our family. Great "5" fork recipe and I love the addition of bacon and bell peppers!lor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!