Cheesy Spinach DipFrom elize 8 years ago
- 2 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups half and half shopping list
- 2 pkgs. frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained shopping list
- 1 can (8 oz.) sliced water chestnuts, drained shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 pkg. (1 oz.) dry vegetable soup mix shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir until onion is crisp-tender and garlic is fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in flour; cook and stir an additional minute. Add half and half and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in chopped spinach, water chestnuts, Cheddar and vegetable soup mix. Spoon dip into a 1 quart casserole or gratin dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake dip until it is bubbly and sheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. Serve warm.