Georgia Peach Chicken Sandwiches and Steak FriesFrom knwalter 5 years ago
- 1 lb. chicken breast cutlets shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 3 Tbs. pickled jalapeno chiles, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely ground shopping list
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil) shopping list
- 4 kaiser rolls, split shopping list
- 1 peach, thinly sliced shopping list
- 8 green-leaf lettuce leaves shopping list
- 1 bag of your favorite thick-cut steak fries shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken and buttermilk. In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and pickled jalapeno chiles.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the pecans and bread crumbs. Working with one piece at a time, remove chicken from buttermilk, letting the excess drip off, and coat with the pecan mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat the EVOO over medium heat. Add the cutlets and cook, turning once, until golden-brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
- Spread the jalapeno mayonnaise on the cut sides of each kaiser roll. Assemble sandwiches with the chicken, peach and lettuce.
- Serve with steak fries.
- **recipe and photograph from "Every Day with Rachael Ray" magazine**