Devils Food CakeFrom elize 6 years ago
How to make it
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Add milk, shortening, and vanilla.
- beat with electric mixer on high speed for 2 minutes
- Add eggs and beat two minutes more.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9x1 1/2-inch round baking pans
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.[or till toothpick comes out clean]
- Cool on racks for atleast 10 minutes.
- NOTE:You can use sour cream in this cake by reducing milk to 1 1/4 cups and add 1/2 cup of sour cream with the milk.