Caramel Butter Pecan CakeFrom angelgirl94 6 years ago
- 1 cup butter-salted or unsalted shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups sifted cake flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans-toasted shopping list
- caramel Filling: shopping list
- 3 cups sugar-divided shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 egg-beaten shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter-cut in chunks shopping list
- butter Cream Frosting: shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter-softened shopping list
- 3 cups powedered sugar shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoons half-and-half shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl,cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time,beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour,baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk,beginning and ending with flour. Mix well after each addition.
- Stir in extracts.
- Pour batter into three greased and floured 9" round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes then turn out onto wire cooling rack.
- Cool completely.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of sugar into a large,heavy saucepan. Place over medium heat and cook,stirring constantly,until sugar melts and syrup turns light brown.
- Combine remaining sugar,milk,egg,and salt. Stir in butter.
- Stir mixture into carmelized sugar. Mixture will lump up at first but will smooth out as it cooks.
- Cook over medium heat,stirring constantly,until mixture reaches 230 degrees. About 15-20 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes then beat until mixture reaches spreading consistency.
- Spread over top and between cake layers. Do not frost sides.
- Cream butter at medium speed.
- Gradually add sugar alternately with half-and-half.
- Beat until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla
- Frost sides of cake.
- Press toasted pecans into frosting.
- Garnish top with pecan halves and butterscotch morsels.
The Cookangelgirl94 Reidsville, NC
The Rating7 people
I printed this out! sounds great!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
I agree it sounds great, thanks for sharing, you also have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
I was already signed out when I saw this recipe on home page. I had to sign back in to print it out. This is a keeper.lenora in Oak Park loved it