Cinnamon Pecan Stuffed French ToastFrom grizzlybear 8 years ago
- 8-10 cups of French bread cut into 1 "cubes. Any combination of sweet breads/pastries may be used. We like to use leftover cinnamon rolls. shopping list
- 1 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese, cubed shopping list
- 8 eggs shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups milk (light cream or a combination) shopping list
- 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecans, whole or chopped shopping list
- 1/2 heavy cream for topping shopping list
- 1/2 cup white sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- 12-24 hours before serving:
- Spray 9" X 13" X 2" with non stick baking spray. Layer bread/pastry cubes in pan, sprinkle cubed cream cheese and pecans on top of mixture. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla and baking powder until well mixed. Pour over bread and cheese mixture and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour 1/2 cup heavy cream over mixture and sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon mixture and bake for about 45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. We serve this with a praline sauce.
- Praline Sauce
- 1/2 lb. butter
- 2 lb. bag light brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- In heavy saucepan melt butter. Add brown sugar and water. Cook until this mixture comes to a boil and cook for about 5 minutes. Add sweetened condensed milk and bring to another boil.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating5 people
bring on the breakfast grizz!!!!!! hahahaahahaminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Love your breakfast recipes! Thanks!pat2me in Nashua loved it
this is a great recipe-love all ths flavores thanks - grizzlybear - leebearleebear in Brookpark loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!