Busy Day Cake with Broiled Coconut ToppingFrom redfish91117 7 years ago
How to make it
- Grease a round baking pan and set it aside.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, and sugar. Add milk, butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Beat on low speed until combined. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Pread the Broiled Coconut Topping over the warm cake. Broil about 4 inches from heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden.
- Cool slightly in pan on a wire rack and serve warm.
- ♥♥BROILED COCONUT TOPPING:♥♥ Peat 1/4 cup packed brown sugar and 2 tbsp. softened butter or margarine till combined. Stir in 1 tbsp. milk. Stir in 1/2 cup flaked coconut and 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional).
The Cookredfish91117 Wilmington, NC
The Rating3 people
excellent recipe! I can break away from my busy schedule and do this one.....yeah right! Always so busy! I'll take time tho'! Thanks - and say hey to grandma!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Busy day cake was one of my "regulars" when I was a teen and started finding recipes on my own! It's near and dear to my heart!dynie in Marietta loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!