Sweet Sour MeatballsFrom jaeleepoms 7 years ago
- 2 pounds ground beef shopping list
- 1 cup bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 – 24 oz bottle ketchup shopping list
- 1 can jellied cranberry sauce shopping list
- 2 – 12 oz jars chili sauce shopping list
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl, combine the milk and bread crumbs. Add ground beef, onion, egg, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and form into 1 inch balls. Bake in oven at 250 until meatballs are starting to brown.
- In a large saucepan, combine chili sauce, ketchup and cranberry sauce; bring to a simmer and cook sauce until cranberry sauce breaks down and incorporates into sauce. Gently drop the meatballs into the chili sauce mixture and simmer for at least 1 hour. Serve as appetizer in crock pot or chafing dish to keep warm.
- Time Saver Tip – Use packaged precooked meatballs and simmer in sauce as directed.
The Cookjaeleepoms Mason, OH
The Rating8 people
Made these today for the cookout. Hmmm.. none left for lunch.dugger in Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville) loved it
I've NEVER had left overs of this recipe (no matter how much I've made... doubled and tripled recipes. It's a favorite to take to the potlucks my kid's soccer teams have.
Ddeedeec in Seattle loved it
we never have leftovers of these unless I make a huge batch - and hide some in the fridge! People often ask me to bring these to holiday get-togethers.bapatten in Mason loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!