Clafouti aux CerisesFrom scearley 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- When you pit the cherries, make sure to keep them whole. Place them in a bowl and set them aside.
- Combine sugar and egg yolks, and when well blended beat in the other egg.
- Gradually add the butter and continue to beat.
- Add the flour and the milk, alternating in thirds, and continue stirring until the batter is very smooth.
- Add the kirsch and mix thoroughly.
- Grease an 8 or 9 inch baking dish generously with butter and lay the cherries in the bottom.
- Pour the batter over the fruit and bake for 35-40 minutes on the lowest rack of the oven.
- Serve warm.