Crayfish EtouffeeFrom ashleythm 8 years ago
- 2 fl. oz. butter shopping list
- 2 oz flour shopping list
- 8oz. onions, chopped shopping list
- 4 oz. celery, chopped shopping list
- 4 oz. green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2 teaspoons mined garlic shopping list
- 8 fl. oz. stock (shellfish, fish, chicken, use what you can get) shopping list
- 8 oz crayfish tail meat shopping list
- S&P shopping list
How to make it
- Toast the flour in a cast iron pan, over low heat. Keep the heat low, and keep the flour moving. This isn't something that can be left alone, the flour can burn quickly. Your looking for a med. brown - darkish brown color.
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over med high heat. Add in the toasted flour, and create a roux. Cook the roux until the flour smell is cooked out, and you have more of a nutty smell.
- Add the onions, celery, and green bell pepper and cook over a low heat until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the cayenne, bay leaf, and garlic. Cook for one to two minutes.
- Whisk in the stock, bring to a simmer, and reduce to nape consistency.
- Add the crayfish and season with kosher salt and black pepper
The Cookashleythm North Hollywood, CA
The Rating5 people
While reading the instructions for this Crayfish Etouffee Recipe, I thought it was being presented by a World Famous Chef, well done.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Yummy, Yummy Yummy !! To bad we don't have crawfish easily down here in canada :(.greenlord in Montreal loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!