Cheesey Italian Spinach And Chicken CasseroleFrom sparow64 7 years ago
- 8 oz. uncooked rigatoni or rotini shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms, or canned shopping list
- 1/2 T chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 (16 oz.) bag frozen chopped spinach shopping list
- 2-3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Italian style diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 (8 oz) container chive and onion cream cheese shopping list
- ½ tsp. salt shopping list
- ½ tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 T italian seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 c parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare pasta according to directions.
- Spread oil on bottom of 11 x 7 (or same volume) baking dish.
- Add onion, garlic and fresh mushrooms in a single layer.
- Bake 375 degrees for 15 min.
- Transfer onion mixture to a large bowl and set aside.
- Drain chopped spinach well, pressing between layers of paper towels.
- ***OR****Butter the baking dish and saute together in a little EVOO and pad of margarine the onion, garlic, mushrooms and spinach. Drain if needed, the bag spinach is not frozen together in an icy block, and there is rarely anything to drain once it's sauteed. IF you do it this way, just include the spinach in the onion mixture layer ****
- Stir pasta, spinach, chicken, tomatoes, cream cheese, italian seasoning and salt/pepper into onion in bowl.
- Spoon mixture into baking dish and sprinkle with parmesan and shredded mozzarella.
- Bake, covered at 375 degrees for 30 min. uncover and bake 15 more min. or until bubbly.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating4 people
My kinda meal!!! Love this.justjakesmom in Everett loved it
Sounds yummy. Love the picture.pleclare in Framingham loved it
Cooking Chicken203 members
Anything Goes287 members
CASSEROLE COOKING113 members
Mad About Mushrooms94 members
Home Cooking58 members
Friends In The Kitchen315 members
One Dish Meals33 members
Popeyes Paradise A Spinach Place66 members
Heat In The Kitchen316 members