Backyard BLTFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- 1 medium lemon shopping list
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 ripe medium tomatoes (about 1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 8 slices (each 1/2-inch thick) sourdough bread shopping list
- 8 ounces thinly sliced Canadian bacon (about 24 slices) shopping list
- 8 small romaine lettuce leaves shopping list
How to make it
- From lemon, grate 1/4 teaspoon peel and squeeze 1 teaspoon juice. In small bowl, mix lemon peel and lemon juice with mayonnaise, parsley, thyme, and pepper until blended; set aside. Place tomato slices on sheet of waxed paper and sprinkle with salt.
- With tongs, place bread slices on grill over medium heat and cook just until grill marks appear on bottom side of bread. Remove bread slices from grill; set aside.
- With tongs, place bacon slices on grill over medium heat and cook 2 minutes, just until grill marks appear on bacon (do not overcook; bacon will dry out and toughen).
- To assemble sandwiches, spread mayonnaise mixture on ungrilled side of bread slices. Top half of bread slices with half of bacon slices, all of tomato slices, remaining bacon slices, then lettuce leaves. Place remaining bread slices, grilled side up, on top. Cut each sandwich in half to serve.
People Who Like This Dish 8
- smartino Nowhere, Us
- chummers Lindstrom, MN
- tamieoldham South Central, PA
- sunny Portland, OR
- ronnymarcus Jerusalem, IL
- leslief Jackson, MS
- grandmacooks Somewhere In , VA
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- cookinggood Leesburg, FL
- tippystclair North Hollywood, GB
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating6 people
My fave sandwich! Great post, Grizz!
:}tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
My philosphy is EVERYTHING goes better with bacon. = )sunny in Portland loved it
This looks like a great sandwich. Thanks.cookinggood in Leesburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!