Pickled EggsFrom lor 6 years ago
- 2 cups cider vinegar plus 1/2 cup pickling vinegar shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. prepared mustard shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. salt shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. mustard seed shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. celery seed shopping list
- 3 cloves, whole shopping list
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut in half and thinly sliced shopping list
- 12 - 14 hard-cooked eggs, peeled shopping list
- Note: If you want to tint the eggs red, then add some sliced pickled beets to the jar. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat then cover the saucepan and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Run cold water over cooked eggs and crack ends against the side of the saucepan.
- Allow them to sit in the cold water for approximately 20 minutes.
- Place onions and peeled eggs in a large jar.
- Add enough vinegar mixture to completely cover.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Always use a clean utensil when you remove eggs for serving.
- When eggs are prepared this way, they can be refrigerated for up to 1 week but no longer.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating5 people
I happen to think that pickled eggs are a must in everyone's fridge. Great recipe and it's so easy. Thank you for including it in the group recipes.chacha in New York loved it