Slow Cooker Asian Inspired Chicken StewFrom keni 6 years ago
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken, cut into bite size pieces shopping list
- 2t Chinese 5-spice powder shopping list
- 1-1 1/2t red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1t celery salt shopping list
- 2T peanut or olive oil shopping list
- 2 leeks, sliced diagonally shopping list
- 10oz fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 24oz chicken stock shopping list
- 2-4T cornstarch shopping list
- 2 red or orange bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 2T sesame oil shopping list
- salt and lemon pepper shopping list
- 5 cups cooked rice(optional) shopping list
- chopped cilantro(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Toss chicken pieces with 5-spice powder, red pepper flakes, salt and lemon pepper.
- Saute chicken in peanut oil in large skillet, until just browned, about 5-7 minutes, then add mushrooms, leeks and garlic and cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Place chicken, vegetables, soy sauce, celery salt and chicken stock in slow cooker. Cook on low about 4 hours until heated through and peppers are tender.
- Stir cornstarch into 1/4 cup water and add that and sesame oil to slow cooker. Stir and let cook about another hour for broth to thicken.
- Add cooked rice to slow cooker and combine before serving or serve stew over rice. Top each serving with cilantro.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating4 people
This is my kind of meal! I like to use breasts though, so I wonder if they would get dry cooking this long in the crock pot. I can just make this on the stove top too though. Has the kind of spice I like.justjakesmom in Everett loved it
This was so different from any soup I have ever had! Yummy! I pretty much followed the recipe exactly! Did use less mushrooms since I'm the only one who eats them. Thanks! My IMI review moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it