Jamaican Grilled Sweet PotatoesFrom lincolntoot 6 years ago
How to make it
- Pierce potatoes in several places with fork.
- Place on paper towel in microwave.
- Microwave on high 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Diagonally slice about 1/2 inch of ends of potatoes.
- Cut potatoes diagonally into 3/4 inch slices.
- Mix brown sugar, 1 tablespoon butter and ginger in a small bowl.
- Stir in rum and cilantro; set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- With half of melted butter, lightly brush one side of each potato slice.
- Grill slices butter side down on covered grill over medium high heat 4 to 6 minutes or until grillmarked.
- Brush tops with remaining melted butter turn over and grill 3 to 5 minutes or until grillmarked.
- To serve, spoon rum mixture equally over potato slices
The Cooklincolntoot Freehold, NJ
- Not added to any groups yet!