Old-Fashioned Hermit Cookies Cooking LightFrom auntybea 8 years ago
- 1/3 cup margarine, softened shopping list
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice shopping list
- vegetable cooking spray shopping list
- 28 raisins shopping list
How to make it
- Cream margarine; gradually add brown sugar, beating at medium speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and flavorings, beating well.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients, mixing well. Add to creamed mixture alternately with apple juice, beginning and ending with flour mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets coated with cooking spray. Press a raisin in center of each cookie. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool slightly on cookie sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.