Chicken Mole Enchiladas Cooking LightFrom auntybea 7 years ago
- 2 dried ancho chiles (about 3/4 ounce) shopping list
- 3 dried mulato chiles (about 3/4 ounce) shopping list
- 2 dried pasilla chiles (about 1/2 ounce) shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted pumpkinseed kernels shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds shopping list
- vegetable cooking spray shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 (6-inch) corn tortilla, torn into pieces shopping list
- 3/4 cup low-salt chicken broth shopping list
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, drained and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas shopping list
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (about 1 1/2 pounds skinned, boned chicken breasts) shopping list
- 6 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- Sliced onions, shredded lettuce, and sliced radishes (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Remove stems and seeds from chiles. Combine chiles and water in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 1 hour. Drain and set aside.
- Combine almonds and pumpkinseed kernels in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking skillet frequently. Remove from skillet, and set aside. Add sesame seeds to skillet, and place over medium heat; cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking skillet frequently. Remove from skillet, and set aside.
- Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add cinnamon, cumin, and cloves, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- Place almonds, pumpkinseed kernels, and sesame seeds in a food processor, and process until finely ground. Add tortilla pieces, and process until finely ground. Add chiles, onion mixture, chicken broth, and tomatoes, and process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a medium nonstick skillet. Add salt and chocolate, and cook over low heat 5 minutes or until chocolate melts, stirring frequently. Set mole aside.
- Wrap 12 corn tortillas first in damp paper towels and then in aluminum foil; bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until softened. Spread 1 tablespoon mole over each tortilla; top each with 1/4 cup shredded chicken, and roll up. Place filled tortillas in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Arrange 2 enchiladas on each of 6 serving plates; spoon 1/4 cup mole over each serving, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese. Top with sliced onions, shredded lettuce, and sliced radishes, if desired.
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating5 people
Wow...I haven't seen a recipe like this is years. A friend from Mexico used to make something like this too! Yummmgramma58 in Chesterfield loved it
This one sounds fantastic! Hot spicy.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I love all the chiles in these. I could eat about 3 right now! YUMMMMMMMMMMjustjakesmom in Everett loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!