Potato And Sausage SoupFrom dmajor 7 years ago
- 4 or 5 large russet potatoes, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 large onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup green onions or leeks, sliced shopping list
- 1 bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced shopping list
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced shopping list
- 3 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup sliced celery shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 2 cups milk or half and half shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- parmesan cheese, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Boil potatoes until tender(about 15 minutes).
- Drain potatoes an place in large soup pot.
- In frying pan or skillet, cook onions, celery, bell pepper and sausage in butter until vegetables are just tender and sausage is lightly browned.
- Add to soup pot.
- Add broth and spices and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and cook on low to medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in half and half and green onions and continue to cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve with good quality or homemade croutons and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.