Nanaimo Bar Ice Cream CakeFrom debwin 6 years ago
- 1/4c butter shopping list
- 2T sugar shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 3/4c chocolate wafer crumbs shopping list
- 1/2c shredded sweetened coconut shopping list
- 1/3c finely chopped hazelnuts shopping list
- 4c vanilla ice cream shopping list
- 1/2c whipping cream shopping list
- 3oz semisweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Line a 9x5" (2L) loaf pan with foil, leaving 1" overhang; grease foil. Set aside.
- Melt butter with sugar over med. heat; stir in egg yolk, cookie crumbs, coconut and 1/4c of the hazelnuts. Press evenly into prepared pan. Bake in a 350F oven until firm, about 25 mins. Cool.
- Soften ice cream in refrigerator for 30 mins; pack firmly over prepared crust. Freeze until solid about 4 hours.
- In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil; remove from heat. Add chocolate; whisk until smooth. Let stand until cool and slightly thickened; about 30 mins.
- Pour chocolate sauce over ice cream layer, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Freeze until firm; about 1 hour.
- TO SERVE; let frozen cake stand in refrigerator for 30mins. Dip pan in warm water and invert onto serving tray.
- Serve on its own or with berries and cream.
The Cookdebwin Toronto, CA
The Rating4 people
When I saw the title of your recipe, I immediately clicked on it! I love nanaimo bars and your recipe is an "ice box" cake! This all just sounds so good and I think I'll try making it tomorrow! Thank you so much for the new recipe! (Please post a pic...moreannieamie in Los Angeles loved it
Wow - I have heard of these nanaimo bars....I've never had them. There are so many recipes I don't know what I'm waiting for!! Thanks for sharing such a great recipe.
Jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
what an interesting combination? i have never heard of nanaimo icecream cake before, this one is a must try and deserves a 10 stars ratingswafaa in brampton loved it