Raw Red ShredsFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 tsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp orange zest shopping list
- 2 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt (omit if using salty broth) shopping list
- 4 medium beets, scrubbed and stemmed (but unpeeled) shopping list
- ½ cup parsley, minced shopping list
How to make it
- Combine broth and cornstarch in a small, microwaveable bowl.
- Heat for 30-40 seconds, until clear and thick. Cool completely.
- Mix in zest, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, pepper and salt. Set aside.
- Finely shred beets on the fine edge of a food processor, or hand grate.
- Toss with dressing and chill 2 hours.
- Stir parsley through, and serve.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating2 people
This is wonderful jo jo...thanks for the post I love beets especially when they are super fresh..and I have them and will have this bit of lusciousness tomorrow.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Make Your Ingredients222 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy456 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members