Fish With Leeks And Fermented Soy BeansFrom simcooks 9 years ago
- 1 tilapia fish shopping list
- 1 stalk green onions (cut into 2″ lengths) shopping list
- 4-5 slices ginger shopping list
- 1 stalk leeks (use 2 stalks if you love leeks) (cut the white part into slices on the bias) shopping list
- 1/4 lb minced pork (the non-lean type) shopping list
- 1 tbsp fermented soy beans shopping list
- 1/2 bowl warm water shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 2 red chillies (remove seeds and cut into slices) shopping list
- corn starch water shopping list
How to make it
- Season minced pork with a sprinkle of salt, a couple dashes of white pepper and a sprinkle of corn starch. Mix well.
- Do the same for the tilapia. Sprinkle salt, white pepper and corn starch on the inside (stomach) and outside (skin) and gently rub the seasoning onto the tilapia. Insert 2-3 slices of ginger and a few pieces of spring onions into the stomach of the tilapia.
- Heat up 3-4 tbsp oil in a wok. Pan fry fish until both sides become golden brown or cooked. Dish out and set aside.
- In the same wok, add the remaining green onions and ginger. Add the minced pork and stir fry until fragrant before adding the leeks. Fry over high heat until fragrant, then add the fermented soy beans and mix well.
- Add in the tilapia and half a bowl of water and cook over low heat for about 10 mins. (Cover wok so that the gravy won’t evaporate.)
- Add sugar and chilli slices and mix well. Slowly add corn starch solution and stir well until desired gravy thickness.
- Serve the Fish With Leeks And Fermented Soy Beans with plain white rice and remember to drizzle the flavorful gravy over the rice. Enjoy!