Williamsburg Cake With Orange Butter FrostingFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 5 eggs at room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract shopping list
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 cups currants soaked overnight in bourbon or wine shopping list
- orange butter Frosting: shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter softened shopping list
- 4-1/2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 4 tablespoons orange juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly butter a loaf pan then line with waxed paper on bottom.
- Lightly flour pan shaking out any excess.
- Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition.
- Add lemon and orange extracts then mix well.
- Mix 2 cups of the flour, baking powder and cinnamon together.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture then mix until well combined.
- Mix currants with the remaining flour then add to batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake at 325 for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes then turn out on a rack to finish cooling .
- To make frosting mix margarine and powdered sugar
- Beat in juice and orange peel.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!