Lemon-Berry MuffinsFrom keni 4 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup white sugar, divided shopping list
- 1T baking powder shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1/2t nutmeg shopping list
- 1 stick butter, melted and slightly cooled shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- zest from 1 lemon shopping list
- juice from 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 1/2t vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 pint fresh berries(blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine dry ingredients, using 1/4 cup white sugar, in large mixing bowl.
- Add butter, eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, lemon juice and zest and carefully mix until just combined. Batter will be lumpy.
- Fold in berries and let batter sit 5-10 minutes.
- Pour batter to fill 12 regular or 6 jumbo greased muffin tins.
- Top each muffin with a sprinkle of remaining white sugar.
- Bake at 375 for about 25 minutes until tops are golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- **a hint to keep the berries from falling to the bottom is to dust them with dry baking mix, shaking off the excess**
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating8 people
wow delicous thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Wonderful! The lemon flavor complements the nutmeg-scented, blueberry-studded muffins nicely. Fresh blueberries are a real treat for me, so I carefully chose the recipes in which to use my 2 lbs. of berries ~ I'm glad this is one of the ones I chose!...morerhianna in loved it
Blueberry muffins are my favorite and these look absolutely delicious!bestcooker in loved it