Heath Bar Brownies Dated 1964From chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1 cup pecans chopped shopping list
- 6 large heath toffee bars broken into small pieces shopping list
- 1-1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup soft unsalted butter shopping list
- 4 eggs at room temperature shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2/3 cups cake flour shopping list
How to make it
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 325.
- Grease and flour square baking pan.
- Place heath bars and pecans in food processor and chop with steel knife until coarse.
- Remove and set aside.
- Combine sugar and chocolate in food processor and mix until chocolate is fine as sugar.
- Transfer to large mixing bowl then add butter and blend 1 minute.
- Add eggs, vanilla and salt then blend until fluffy scraping down sides.
- Add flour and toffee mixture then blend until flour is incorporated.
- Turn batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake 50 minutes for wetter brownies and 55 minutes for cake like brownies.
- Let cool in pan on rack then cut into squares and store in airtight container.