Gluten-free Chocolate Chip CookiesFrom sola 8 years ago
- 2 1/4 cups gluten-free flour Blend (see below) shopping list
- 1 tsp.baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp.baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp.xanthan gum shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter,softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 tsps.vanilla extract shopping list
- 1-12 ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour blend,baking powder,baking soda,salt and xanthan gum in medium bowl.Set aside.
- Combine butter,brown sugar and sgar in in large bowl.Beat at medium speed,scraping bowl often,until creamy.Add eggs and vanilla.Continue beating,srcraping bowl often,until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low.Beat,gradually adding flour mixture,until well mixed.Stir in chocolate chips with spatula.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons,2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.Bake 9-12 minutes or until golden brwon.Do not overbake.Let stand 2 minutes ,remove from cookie sheets.
- Gluten-Free Flour Blend: Combine 2 cups rice flour,2/3 cups potato starch,1/3 tapioca flour and 1 teaspoon xanthan gum.Sift together.Store in container with tight-fitting lid,stir before using.
- These cookies spread alot when baking.I tried placing dropped cookie batter already on cookie sheets in freezer while wating for first batch,which worked rather well.
- *the double amount of vanilla helps to cover the slight bitterness of rice flour