Buckeye Peanut Butter CandyFrom jaeleepoms 9 years ago
- 2 cups peanut Buttter, smooth (for best results, don't use natural, organic for this) shopping list
- 2 sticks of butter, softened shopping list
- 22 oz powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 - 12 oz bag semisweet chocolate chips (you make want to have another bag on hand just in case - my family tends to like them double dipped in chocolate for a thicker chocolate crust) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix well all 3 ingredients until evenly incorporated. Line a baking sheet or tray with waxed paper to place the peanut butter balls.
- Make balls the size of walnuts or smaller. If mixture is too wet to roll into balls, you can add more powdered sugar, though this will make the balls more dense and not as creamy in texture. I put them on a tray and in freezer for an hour or so until they are firm and ready to roll. You can use a melon-baller to make the job of rolling easier.
- Place rolled balls on tray and refrigerate overnight or in freezer for a few hours. This will make them easier for dipping.
- Melt chocolate chips in double boiler. Dip the balls in melted chocolate and place on lined cookie sheet. I use toothpicks to dip the balls in chocolate. Cover about 3/4 of the ball in chocolate. YOU WANT SOME OF THE PEANUT BUTTER FILLING TO SHOW. This makes them look like the buckeye nuts.
- Place back in refrigerator or freezer until chocolate sets.
The Cookjaeleepoms Mason, OH
The Rating4 people
I love these!!!!jennmet in Elmira loved it
they look reall great cant wait to make thembillybeamer in Madision Heights loved it
Saturday december 1 2007 i went to a pre christmas party and i made your buckeyes and to tell you the truth they were a big hit of the party every one wants the recipe they was even talking about them in church the folling day so i just wanted to say...morebillybeamer in Madision Heights loved it