Basic Pizza DoughFrom hollymayb 5 years ago
How to make it
- In your mixer bowl, combine yeast and water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add flour, salt, sugar and oil. Using dough hook, mix at a low speed until combined.
- Increase speed to medium-low and knead for 10 minutes until elastic and smooth.
- Grease a large bowl with a little olive oil and add dough, tossing to coat with oil.
- Wrap top of bowl with cling wrap and let sit in a warm place for 1 hour to rise.
- Punch dough down, re-cover and let rise another 30 minutes.
- Voila! Use as you like! We like to roll it out quite thin and bake on a pizza stone @ 450 F for about 15 mins. We don't worry too much about it being round- the 'organic' shapes taste better anyway!
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookhollymayb Baltimore, Maryland
The Rating5 people
Great basic recipe.toleliz in Burlington loved it
Oh boy now I'm all set to make pizza and or pretzels, thanks you so much, great recipe. Another 5 heading your way.henrie in Savannah loved it
Great recipe. Thanks 5 forksbrianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!