Roasted Game HensFrom riverrat715 5 years ago
- 6 game hens (about 1 pound each) thawed shopping list
- Vegeta (A Croation seasoning that can be purchased at most grocery stores) shopping list
- a rotisserie (Either electric or hand turned. My son in law likes hand turned as he feels he has more control over the turning.) shopping list
- oak wood for fire shopping list
- apple wood chips for smoking. shopping list
- One whole chicken for each adult and 1/2 for each child shopping list
How to make it
- Start fire in fire pit and burn till only embers. Keep it this way by adding wood as necesary and always pusing embers to the front and keeping any flames in the back.
- Soak aplle wood chips in water.
- While fire is getting started wash and rub game hens both inside and out with vegeta
- String them on your rotisserie and place over coals.
- Drop in a few aplple wood chips for the smoked flavor.
- Turn slowly until golden brown and the juices run clear
- These are fit to feed the heads of state and the royal family. It just doesn't get better than this
- Serve with small new roasted potatoes and onions and peaches and cream corn on the cob and a lovely green salad and some fresh crusty Vienna bread. It is truly a memorable feast.