Irenes Famous Carrot Coffee CakeFrom mamalou 8 years ago
- l (14.5 oz. ) can carrots, drained and mashed shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp . baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 eggs, unbeaten shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix carrots, flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and cinnamon. Add oil, eggs, and 3/4 cup chopped nuts...mix well. Pour into tube or Bundt pan. Top with additional chopped nuts if desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 75 minutes or until cake tester comes out dry.
The Cookmamalou Attleboro, MA
The Rating3 people
I love carrot cake. I have never used canned carrots tho'. I'll let ya know how it turns out.
jett2whit in Union City loved it
What's the equivalent of cooked carrots to 14.5 oz. canned? i don't know how to do the conversion since liquid is included in the weight of the canned carrots.
Would 1 1/2 Cups cooked carrots be about right? Or 1 3/4 Cups?
Agh...morejolielives in The Catskill Plateau loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!